Benefits of Google Search Console
- January 26, 2017
- Google Search Console
Google Search Console – How to benefit from search console.
What is Google Search Console?
Google search console was formerly known Google webmasters tools. It is a free tool from Google with the primary objective to help you monitor, polish and maintain your website’s presence in Google’s organic search results. It is a powerful tool for anyone with a website. However, you do not have to use the tool to get your website into Google’s search results but it helps in giving you a picture of how the search giant views and or see your website.
Why is Google Search Console an asset rather than a tool?
The first thing that comes to mind when writing this post is the fact that, Google will periodically inform you whenever there are errors on your site hindering your efforts to rank or beat the competition.
I doubt if there is anyone out there who love to have errors on their website. If you are not a web designer and without tools to inform you about errors on your website, your chances of ranking in the search engines become very limited. The advantage of signing up to use Google console includes;
- Google search console alerting you of errors
- Linking your Google Analytics to search console
- Seeing your website within search console as the search engine sees
- Adding your site to inform Google about the structure and content on your website
- Knowing the search terms searchers are using to find your website in organic search results
- Knowing websites linking back to you
- Knowing how your website fairs in mobile results
- Knowing whenever your site has a malware
- Removing content you do not want to appear in Google’s organic results
- Knowing when Google feels your site is associated with spam for timely intervention
Verifying your ownership of your website on Google Search Console
Verifying your website is one of the first things Google requires you to do before gaining access to the tool. You can verify your website via various methods such as:
- Use Google analytics tracking code
- Add a Html tag to your website <head>here</head>
- Upload an HTML tag to your website
- Sign in your domain provider and add a TXT or CNAME
- HTML file upload to your website
- Google sites – New is automatic else HTML tag upload
- New Google blogs – Automatic
- Google Tag Manager snippet <noscript>
A digital marketing specialist with past experiences running and managing multi-million Pound companies. Studied Digital marketing and graduated with an MSc in Digital Marketing Birmingham City University, England, United Kingdom
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- Fiverr Gig Death Trap February 13, 2017
- Google Raises Pangolin Awareness February 12, 2017
- Benefits of Google Search Console January 26, 2017
- What is SEO January 23, 2017
- Technical SEO Tactics January 11, 2017
- What is content marketing and content strategy? January 1, 2017
- What is programmatic advertising June 25, 2016
- Content marketing best practices for b2b, b2c and content marketing services providers May 25, 2016
- Advanced SEO Techniques (1)
- Advertising (1)
- Business advice (1)
- Competitor analysis (1)
- Content Marketing (2)
- Google Search Console (1)
- SEO (2)
- Stories (1)